My verbal and written communication skills, patience and sense of humor have played a large role in my IT career. Able to assist others in getting the most out of their technology with a minimum amount of frustration while maintaining a positive attitude in a fast-paced, interrupt-driven environment. Comfortable working on multiple platforms (macOS, Windows, Linux). Highly adaptable, quickly picking up on new software programs, hardware and systems.
Specialties: Software development life cycle (partial to Agile frameworks), end user support and training, troubleshooting, defect documentation and tracking, content creation and management, photography
February 2015 – present
Senior Technical Support Engineer
The Siteimprove Intelligence Platform is SaaS that combines content, analytics, and personal support to help customers control their digital presence by unlocking new insights into content and analytics data. I support our customers, employees and partners by:
- Providing customer support via Zendesk tickets, community forums, social media posts, direct email, one-on-one telephone calls, conference calls with customers and third party vendors and in person user groups.
- Taking ownership of technical issues by determining scope and impact, and thoroughly outlining reproducible steps before escalating to development.
- Logging defects and following up on their status with product development while keeping customers updated about the progress of fixes.
- Assisting with implementation and deployment of more complex customer setups.
- Constantly looking for ways to optimize our systems and processes to work more efficiently.
- Mentoring co-workers on cross-functional teams.
- Identifying the need for new articles or enhancements to existing documentation for internal and customer facing Knowledge Bases.
- Providing recommendations and best practices as product updates are released and customer needs change.
- Documenting use cases to better understand how the software is currently being used and what customers would like to see in the future.
- Advocating on behalf of the end user in a Product Champion / Subject Matter Expert role by collaborating with Product Owners and Developers around future enhancements, releases and Product Roadmaps.
Clockwork Active Media Systems
March 2005 – February 2015
Jr Systems Administrator, Support Specialist, Front End Developer, QA Tester, Corporate Photographer
Daily responsibilities include:
- Technical support for internal and external users via email, instant messenger and phone. Troubleshooting, documenting and escalating issues with any and all software, hardware and systems as needed.
- Installing CMS and related product suite for customers on production and review servers and managing user permissions for each install.
- Cloning production CMS installs to development and test servers for internal users.
- Installing Trac projects and managing user permissions for each project.
- Writing detailed but easy to understand documentation on the corporate intranet, for internal users as well as content on the corporate web site for customers.
- Bash scripting to automate routine processes.
- Purchasing hardware and software and managing software licensing for internal users.
- Troubleshooting hardware problems and delivering hardware to The Foundation for repair when unable to resolve the issue.
- On call after hours. Assisting with troubleshooting and client messaging during incident management.
- Quality assurance testing and proofreading.
- Working with vendors: Qualys, GoogleApps, DigiCert, TuCows/OpenSRS
- User account management: setting up email accounts for employees and customers, Google Apps, LDAP/network access, etc. Disabling accounts when an employee left.
- New employee and end user onboarding and training.
- Creating content for social media channels: twitter, flickr, Facebook, corporate blog and email newsletters to clients and staff
- Photography: employee head shots, on-site with clients, documenting employee volunteer work and other events
August 2000 – August 2003
Front End Web Developer
- Involved in the entire life cycle of a website, from planning to implementation and maintenance
- Carried out production work in Photoshop and Flash
- Built web sites in HTML & CSS
- Updated content for large scale websites
- Maintained files in version control software
Minnesota Life (now Securian)
St Paul, MN
1997 – 2000
First Level Tech Support
- Answered calls on a help desk from company’s employees, troubleshooting hardware and software problems in a Windows environment
- Responded to less urgent issues via email
- Logged all interactions in a ticketing software system
Second Level Tech Support
- Visited desks of employees whose hardware or software problems were not resolved after a call to the help desk
- Ordered hardware or software as needed
- Updated open tickets as necessary to document reproducible steps or progress toward resolution
- Email server administration
MN Department of Human Services
St Paul, MN
1994 – 1997
- Managed intranet and created web versions of health care provider manuals
- Was responsible for the layout and printing of health care provider manuals
- Acted as liaison between the department and IT / tech support; documented issues before escalation
- Provided audio/visual setup assistance for co-workers who presented information at seminars
West Publishing (now Thomson Reuters)
1992 – 1994
- Downloaded data from Bulletin Board Systems, proofread it against hard copy versions, and marked up digital files in SGML (precursor to HTML) before uploading it to Westlaw
- Assisted co-workers with the transition from dumb terminals to Windows PCs
- Trained users in groups and in one on one sessions, as needed
SKILLS / TOOLS
- Help desk ticketing, bug tracking & CRM software
- Agile / Scrum philosophy
- Content Management Systems: WordPress, Pantheon, Ektron, etc.
- User account management
- Text editors: Sublime, vi, Coda, nano, pico, etc.
- Google Search Appliance and Google Analytics
- Version control: Subversion, Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, Oracle SCM
- SSL certificate and domain management
- PCI Compliance scanning and reporting
- Microsoft Office, OpenOffice and Google Apps
- Professional photography and image production (Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.)
Send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org