- My verbal and written communication skills, patience and sense of humor enable me to assist others in getting the most out of their technology with a minimal amount of frustration.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude while multitasking in a fast-paced, interrupt-driven environment working with a wide array of users.
- Comfortable working on multiple platforms (Mac OSX, Windows, Linux). Able to quickly learn new software programs and systems.
February 2015 – present
Senior Technical Support Engineer / Product Champion
Siteimprove’s SaaS solutions are specialized in the fields of web accessibility WCAG 2.0, web analytics, internal site search, content quality assurance, website monitoring, and search engine optimization (SEO). I help Siteimprove’s users – internal and external alike – get the most from these robust tools by: keeping our customers’ needs top of mind in all interactions; encouraging the team to seek better understanding of our customers’ issues in order to provide the best possible solutions and service; and working with team to better identify and communicate possible solutions.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Providing customer support via Zendesk tickets, community forums, social media posts, direct email and individual telephone calls and conference calls.
- Ensuring support tickets are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Taking ownership of technical issues and thoroughly outlining them before escalating, or logging bugs with all pertinent information included.
- Prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Being available and accessible to co-workers, mentoring as needed.
- Delegating and knowledge sharing within the tech support team.
- Identifying article needs and enhancements for our internal and customer facing knowledge bases.
- Providing recommendations and best practices as product updates are released and/or customer needs change.
- Documenting use cases and specific customer stories to better understand how the software is currently being used and what customers would like to see in the future.
- Advocating on behalf of the end user in a Product Champion role by collaborating with Product Owners and Developers around future enhancements and releases.
Clockwork Active Media Systems
March 2005 – February 2015
Jr Systems Administrator, Support Specialist
Daily responsibilities include:
- Installing CMS and related product suite for customers on production and review servers and managing user permissions for each install.
- Copying the production CMS installs to a development server for internal users.
- Installing Trac projects and managing user permissions for each install.
- Writing detailed but easy to understand documentation on corporate intranet, for internal users as well as content on corporate web site for customers.
- Technical support for internal and external users via email, instant messenger and phone. Troubleshooting, documenting and escalating issues as needed.
- Creating new queues in Request Tracker (help desk software). Managing membership of each queue and delegating tickets. Updating auto reply messaging for each queue.
- Receiving pages during incidents. Assisting with troubleshooting and client messaging during incident management.
- Working with multiple vendors: Qualys, GoogleApps, DigiCert, TuCows/OpenSRS
- Quality assurance testing and proofreading.
- User account management: setting up email accounts, Google Apps, LDAP/network access, etc. for new employees and disabling accounts when an employee leaves.
- New employee and end user training.
- Creating content for social media channels: twitter, flickr, Facebook, corporate blog and email newsletters to clients and staff
- Photography: employee head shots, on-site with clients, documenting employee volunteer work and other events
August 2000 – August 2003
Front End Web Developer
- Involved in the entire life cycle of a web site, from planning to implementation and maintenance
- Carried out production work in Photoshop and Flash
- Built web sites in HTML & CSS
- Updated content for large scale web sites
- Maintained files in version control software
Minnesota Life (now Securian)
St Paul, MN
1997 – 2000
First Level Tech Support
- Answered calls on a help desk from company’s employees, troubleshooting hardware and software problems in a Windows environment
- Responded to less urgent issues via email
- Logged all interactions in a ticketing software system
Second Level Tech Support
- Visited the desks of employees whose hardware or software problems were not resolved after a call to the help desk
- Ordered hardware or software as needed
- Updated open tickets as necessary to document reproducible steps or progress toward resolution
MN Department of Human Services
St Paul, MN
1994 – 1997
- Managed intranet and created web versions of health care provider manuals
- Was responsible for the layout and printing of health care provider manuals
- Acted as liaison between the department and IT / tech support; documented issues before escalation
- Provided audio/visual setup assistance for co-workers who presented information at seminars
West Publishing (now Thomson Reuters)
1992 – 1994
- Downloaded data from Bulletin Board Systems, proofread it against hard copy versions, and marked up digital files in SGML (precursor to HTML) before uploading it to Westlaw
- Assisted co-workers with the transition from dumb terminals to Windows PCs
- Trained users in groups and in one on one sessions, as needed
SKILLS / TOOLS
- Help desk ticketing, bug tracking & CRM software
- Content Management Systems: WordPress, Pantheon, Ektron, etc.
- User account management
- Text editors: Sublime, vi, Coda, nano, pico, etc.
- Google Search Appliance and Google Analytics
- Version control: Subversion, Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, Oracle SCM
- SSL certificate and domain management
- PCI Compliance scanning and reporting
- Microsoft Office, OpenOffice and Google Apps
- Professional photography and image production (Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.)
Send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org