I’m a customer-centric technologist. Whatever my role, my focus has been on helping others get the most out of digital experiences with a minimal amount of frustration. My strong verbal and written communication skills are employed with empathy, a positive attitude and a sense of humor while working with a wide array of users and stakeholders. I am able to speak and write to both technical and non-technical audiences. I am comfortable working in multiple platforms and am a highly adaptable problem solver and a lifelong learner.
Specialties: Software development life cycle – partial to Agile practices. Uncovering problems faced by customers and working with distributed development teams to solve them. End-user support and training, content creation and management, troubleshooting, defect documentation and tracking, photography. I’m a proponent of collaboration, inclusion, neurodiversity, and accessibility.
February 2015 – present
Senior Technical Support Engineer and Product Champion
The Siteimprove Intelligence Platform is SaaS that combines content, analytics, and personal support to help customers control their digital presence. I support our customers, employees, and partners by:
- Providing customer support via Zendesk tickets, community forums, social media posts, direct email, one-on-one calls, conference calls and screen sharing with customers and third-party vendors, in-person user groups and training sessions.
- Acting as an escalation point between customers and internal teams to solve problems. Taking ownership of technical issues by determining scope and impact, and thoroughly outlining reproducible steps before escalating to development.
- Logging defects in JIRA. Following up on their status with product development while keeping customers updated about the progress of fixes and providing customers with workarounds, when possible.
- Assisting with implementation and deployment of more complex customer setups, including Single Sign-On integrations.
- Mentoring co-workers on cross-functional teams.
- Identifying the need for new articles or enhancements to existing documentation for internal and customer-facing Knowledge Bases.
- Documenting use cases to better understand how the software is being used and what customers would like to see in the future.
- Advocating on behalf of the end user in a Product Champion / Subject Matter Expert role by collaborating with Product Owners and Developers around future enhancements, releases, and Product Roadmaps.
Minneapolis Community and Technical College
January 2019 – present
Adjunct Instructor (part-time)
Teaching Continuing Education courses in the Web Design and Development Certificate program:
- Introductory HTML and CSS 1 & 2 —Winter 2019
- Front-End Website Design —Spring 2019
- Introductory HTML and CSS 1 & 2 —Fall 2019
- Front-End Website Design —Fall 2019
Clockwork Active Media Systems
March 2005 – February 2015
Systems Administrator, Support Specialist, Front End Developer, QA Tester, Corporate Photographer
Daily responsibilities included:
- Front-end web development.
- Technical support for internal and external users via email, instant messenger and phone. Troubleshooting, documenting and escalating issues with any and all software, hardware and systems as needed.
- Installing CMS and related product suite for customers on production servers and managing user permissions for each install. Cloning production CMS installs to development and test servers for internal users.
- Writing detailed but easy to understand documentation on the corporate intranet for internal users as well as content on the corporate web site for customers.
- Purchasing hardware and software and managing software licensing for internal users.
- Troubleshooting hardware problems and delivering hardware to The Foundation for repair when unable to resolve an issue.
- On call after hours to assist with troubleshooting and client messaging during incident management.
- Quality assurance testing and proofreading.
- Working with vendors: Qualys, GoogleApps, DigiCert, TuCows/OpenSRS
- User account management: setting up email accounts for employees and customers, Google Apps, LDAP/network access, etc. Disabling accounts when an employee left.
- New employee and end-user onboarding and training.
- Creating content for social media channels: Twitter, Flickr, Facebook, corporate blog and email newsletters to clients and staff.
- Photography: employee headshots, on-site with clients, documenting employee volunteer work and other events.
August 2000 – August 2003
Front End Web Developer
- Involved in the entire life cycle of a website, from planning to implementation and maintenance
- Carried out production work in Photoshop and Flash
- Built web sites in HTML & CSS
- Updated content for large scale websites
- Maintained files in version control software
SKILLS AND TOOLS
- Relationship management
- Help desk ticketing, bug tracking & CRM software
- Content Management Systems: WordPress, Drupal, Pantheon, Ektron, etc.
- Technical documentation and knowledge sharing
- Teaching and training
- Text editors: Sublime, Atom, vi, Coda, nano, pico, etc.
- Version control: Github, Subversion, Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, Oracle SCM
- Agile / Scrum philosophy
- User account management and user onboarding
- LaunchDarkly for Feature Flag Management
- Google Search Appliance and Google Analytics
- SSL certificate and domain management
- PCI Compliance scanning and reporting (Qualys)
- Atlassian products: JIRA, Confluence, Trello
- Microsoft Office, OpenOffice, and Google Apps
- Professional photography and image production (Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.)