- My verbal and written communication skills, patience and sense of humor enable me to assist others in getting the most out of their technology with a minimal amount of frustration.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude while multitasking in a fast-paced, interrupt-driven environment working with a wide array of users.
- Comfortable working on multiple platforms (Mac OSX, Windows, Linux). Able to quickly learn new software programs and systems.
February 2015 – present
Technical Support Engineer Tier II
Siteimprove’s SaaS solutions are specialized in the fields of web accessibility WCAG 2.0, web analytics, internal site search, content quality assurance, website monitoring, and search engine optimization (SEO). I help Siteimprove’s users – internal and external alike – get the most from these robust tools by: keeping our customers’ needs top of mind in all interactions; encouraging the team to seek better understanding of our customers’ issues in order to provide the best possible solutions and service; and working with team to better identify and communicate possible solutions.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Providing customer support via Zendesk tickets, direct email and individual telephone calls and conference calls.
- Ensuring support tickets are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Taking ownership of technical issues and thoroughly outlining them before escalating to Tier III support, or logging bugs with all pertinent information included.
- Prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Being available and accessible to co-workers, mentoring as needed.
- Delegating and knowledge sharing within the tech support team.
- Identifying article needs and enhancements for our internal and customer facing Knowledge Bases.
- Providing recommendations and best practices as product updates are released and/or customer needs change.
- Advocating on behalf of the end user in a Product Champion role by collaborating with Product Owners and Developers around future enhancements and releases.
Clockwork Active Media Systems
March 2005 – February 2015
Jr Systems Administrator, Support Specialist
Daily responsibilities include:
- Installing CMS and related product suite for customers on production and review servers and managing user permissions for each install.
- Copying the production CMS installs to a development server for internal users.
- Installing Trac projects and managing user permissions for each install.
- Writing detailed but easy to understand documentation on corporate intranet, for internal users as well as content on corporate web site for customers.
- Technical support for internal and external users via email, instant messenger and phone. Troubleshooting, documenting and escalating issues as needed.
- Creating new queues in Request Tracker (help desk software). Managing membership of each queue and delegating tickets. Updating auto reply messaging for each queue.
- Receiving pages during incidents. Assisting with troubleshooting and client messaging during incident management.
- Working with multiple vendors: Qualys, GoogleApps, DigiCert, TuCows/OpenSRS
- Quality assurance testing and proofreading.
- User account management: setting up email accounts, Google Apps, LDAP/network access, etc. for new employees and disabling accounts when an employee leaves.
- New employee and end user training.
- Creating content for social media channels: twitter, flickr, Facebook, corporate blog and email newsletters to clients and staff
- Photography: employee head shots, on-site with clients, documenting employee volunteer work and other events
August 2000 – August 2003
Front End Web Developer
- Involved in the entire life cycle of a web site, from planning to implementation and maintenance
- Carried out production work in Photoshop and Flash
- Built web sites in HTML & CSS
- Updated content for large scale web sites
- Maintained files in version control software
Minnesota Life (now Securian)
St Paul, MN
1997 – 2000
First Level Tech Support
- Answered calls on a help desk from company’s employees, troubleshooting hardware and software problems in a Windows environment
- Responded to less urgent issues via email
- Logged all interactions in a ticketing software system
Second Level Tech Support
- Visited the desks of employees whose hardware or software problems were not resolved after a call to the help desk
- Ordered hardware or software as needed
- Updated open tickets as necessary to document reproducible steps or progress toward resolution
MN Department of Human Services
St Paul, MN
1994 – 1997
- Managed intranet and created web versions of health care provider manuals
- Was responsible for the layout and printing of health care provider manuals
- Acted as liaison between the department and IT / tech support; documented issues before escalation
- Provided audio/visual setup assistance for co-workers who presented information at seminars
West Publishing (now Thomson Reuters)
1992 – 1994
- Downloaded data from Bulletin Board Systems, proofread it against hard copy versions, and marked up digital files in SGML (precursor to HTML) before uploading it to Westlaw
- Assisted co-workers with the transition from dumb terminals to Windows PCs
- Trained users in groups and in one on one sessions, as needed
SKILLS / TOOLS
- Help desk ticketing, bug tracking & CRM software
- Content Management Systems: WordPress, Pantheon, Ektron, etc.
- User account management
- Text editors: Sublime, vi, Coda, nano, pico, etc.
- Google Search Appliance and Google Analytics
- Version control: Subversion, Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, Oracle SCM
- SSL certificate and domain management
- PCI Compliance scanning and reporting
- Microsoft Office, OpenOffice and Google Apps
- Professional photography and image production (Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.)
Send me a message at email@example.com