Prerequisite: HTML & CSS II or equivalent. The class will wrap up with a survey of some currently popular JS frameworks and libraries (like React), and advise on resources for further learning.
Tools and Resources
In this class we will use:
- The Atom text editor
- Chrome Developer Tools for testing and troubleshooting
- DiffChecker is a tool that allows you to easily compare two files for differences
- A combination of freeCodeCamp and Mozilla Developer Network exercises (with class discussions about them).
- The Mozilla Developer Network has a helpful forum for Learning where you can pose questions or look up other user’s questions and the responses to them.
- Variable name validator
- The difference between var and let
- Expressions and operators
To provide more concrete, real-world code examples, I’ll begin posting in my class CodePen sandbox and will ask students to post code samples in theirs, to share during class.
- A simple else/if example
- MDN’s Silly Story Generator
- Iterative Method example and improved Looping version